Monday, June 1, 2009

Heading out

Two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be heading to Northwestern University to take two classes in international community development with the Global Engagement Summer Institute. On June 26, I'll board a plane with several other college students and head to Jinja, Uganda, about 50 miles east of the capital of Kampala. Although I don't yet know exactly what my project description is, I know I'll be working with St. Francis Health Care Services for seven weeks in their effort to support those affected by HIV/AIDS.

I feel extremely excited and blessed to have this opportunity, and hope to provide you guys with some interesting stories and insight!

6 comments:

  1. As your first official "follower", I have high expectations for these stories. Don't disappoint me Abbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby - we are so proud of you, and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you begin your journey in Uganda.

    We look forward to following you along the way!

    Love always, Aunt Kelly & Crew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby - I cannot wait to hear about your experience in both Chicago and Uganda. Most of us will never see Uganda, so you are our eyes and ears - I know we are in for a great experience with you!

    Lots of prayers headed your way, honey! Be safe...love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby,

    I was thinking of you yesterday from the time I woke up and then at 11;30 when you plane was to take off for Chicago.

    What an incredible experience you will have and I am thrilled to be able to follow your experiences through this blog.

    All of our love and prayers are with you each and every day!!!

    Love,
    Auntie Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grayson, Mike and I were just reading your updates...safe travels to you and your group.

    Looking forward to more about your work!

    Love you, Aunt Kelly & Crew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby..wow, you attention to detail helps me to visualize where you are and what you are doing. Sounds fascinating and I cannot wait to see what project your team decides upon which to foucs. Your family sounds wonderful and I know they will take good care of you. I know you are thankful for the electricity and I know, eventually, you will get use to the bugs (you may be cured after this trip!)
    I think about you every waking moment. Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete